Message Boards Message Boards

Equation corrupts in Manipulate under Windows 11 Pro?

I am reporting erratic behavior in Mathematica 13 (I'm on 13.2 right now) on Windows 11 Pro. I have two issues that come and go. (1) Sometimes, the equation featured in my Manipulate corrupts. The slider bars are unable to move the graph of my equation to the correct locations. Or, alternatively, the moveable graph describing my equation disappears. It shows up for an instant when I press the 'evaluate' button, then disappears completely. (2) Sometimes, when I table a function. I get different results for the point pairs in my table from one shift enter to the next. (Yes, I hold the values of my independent variables constant from one execution to the next). This problem often erupts when I change the value in an independent variable and add a decimal point with 'Set Precision' set to three significant figures. (Don't forget very few Mathematica people are running Windows 11 Pro. Windows 11 Pro is not very popular, yet.)

POSTED BY: Alan White
2 Replies

Thank you, sir. I barely understand your reply. Happily, I am in contact with someone in Tech Support at Wolfram. I will forward your comment to his in box. Thanks again. Also, for the rest of you out there, please feel free to add your comments and suggestions. The opera ain't over yet.

POSTED BY: Alan White

Hi Alan, I had many spourious Manipulate instances after upgrading to 13.1 on windows 10 Pro and reported them to Wolfram. The problem seems to be, that all data produced by manipulations are dynamically stored in the notebook interface kernel memory. Depending on the size of total memory the Jlinks reaction times are growing larger with ever growing backuped data. After some time of working happily with Graphics3D manipulation, the complete system disappears from the screen. EventViewer of windows shows an exception caused by the Mathematica kernel.

After expanding the virtual memory size of the windows system on the ssd, for me, I had no more shut downs of the kernel. But the slowdown by use of to many continuous controls remains an issue. I switched to controls using a short list of fixed values or to implement arguments of functions as step functions in order to avoid uncontrolled growth of dynamic data.

Regards Roland

POSTED BY: Roland Franzius
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract