Message Boards Message Boards

Set default Chat-Notebook Model to something other than base gpt-3.5-turbo and gpt-4?

Try as I might in digging through the LLM documentation, paclets and libraries for the LLMfunctionality and the chatnotebook stuff... i cannot find where I can change the default and/or the options of the Chat-enabled or Chat-Driven notebooks to use other models than the gpt-3.5-turbo or gpt-4.... in the UI specifically... on the chat bubble menu...

I know how to do this programmatically when using LLMConfiguration and what note... but i really want the default setting to gpt-4-32k... and to be able to add more model options to that chat bubble UI.

enter image description here

8 Replies

looks like in this latest paclet update the bigger models are available in the chatbook menu now https://resources.wolframcloud.com/PacletRepository/resources/Wolfram/Chatbook/

AFIK, gpt-4-32k is not currently supported by OpenAI's API. I'd love to have it but alas... My custom API calling code has the body of the HTTPRepsonse from a URLRead, the following:

{
    \"error\": {
        \"message\": \"The model: `gpt-4-32k` does not exist\",
        \"type\": \"invalid_request_error\",
        \"param\": null,
        \"code\": \"model_not_found\"
    }
}
POSTED BY: David Reiss

yes, you have to have access to it :). so if one does... one would very much like to set it as my default as many things one does in a Chatnotebook far exceeds 4-8k in tokens. :)

Thanks for checking on it!

Hi Russ, long time since we worked on our Wolfram Solutions project together -- I still have all the code ;).

In the Wolfram solutions group, we have been working on quite a number of different demonstrations of how to use LLM's's in a variety of ways. One offshoot of that that I put out publicly on the paclet repository is this:

ChatGPTPromptExplorer

And in that paclet all the code is available -- including a custom GPT API calling function, so one can poke around in the code to see how I managed to do things,

And an offshoot of the various custom functions for directly creating chatbooks is this little bit of code that I pulled out of one of my other demonstration projects:

createAChatbook[persona_String,model_String]:=
    CreateDocument[
       {},

StyleDefinitions -> "Chatbook.nb",
       DefaultNewCellStyle->"ChatInput",
       TaggingRules ->
         <|
           "ChatNotebookSettings" -> 
               <|
                  "Model" -> model,
                  "LLMEvaluator" -> persona,
                  "Assistance" -> True,
                  "ChatDrivenNotebook" -> True
               |>
          |>
    ]

If you execute it with, say,

createAChatbook["PlainChat", "gpt-3.5-turbo-16k"]

or this

createAChatbook["PlainChat", "gpt-4"]

it should work (it does for me ;-) as I have a gpt-4 enabled api key ).

If you try

createAChatbook["PlainChat", "gpt-4-32k"]

OpenAI will yell back at you.

Anyway, that bit of code may be helpful to folks when trying to programmatically create a chatbook. I actually don't know what the official code is within the chat book paclet that generates ChatBooks from the menu, so the approach in a bit of code that I have above may or may not processed overtime. But it's fun to play with.

And some of the options that I have in there may or may not work correctly (e.g. "ChatDrivenNotebook") but you can experiment...

POSTED BY: David Reiss

oh this works very nicely! thank you for this.

that project we did together was so lovely and good. i also have some version of the code. one day, perhaps, i will revisit some of those concepts!

@David Reiss

Hi David! by chance can you tell me the secret per my note above?

At the moment GPT 3.5 and GPT 4 are all you can choose from in v13.3. But if you look in the app's Settings/AI Settings you'll see that support for Claude and Bard are on their way.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Arno Bosse

ya. i mean we already use Palm/bard with the LLMfunctions and PalmLink paclet in the paclet repository.

but there is a way to set the GPT based models... i just don't know the location that the front end is pulling it from.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract