Message Boards Message Boards

What is the limit of requests in a chat-notebook?

Hi there!

I have been enjoying using the new chat-enabled notebook. Great tool!
Unfortunately, I am getting the following error.

Wolfram`Chatbook`ChatbookAction::RateLimitReached

I have looked into my license settings, but i could not find a place where that limit is established. Can some one help??
Thanks

Jesus

4 Replies

Most likely, this is not a property of a chat, book, per se, but rather the rate limits imposed by open AI on its API:

OpenAI rate limits

It could come, of course, be something else, but this is the first thing I would think of.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Thanks David!

So, this raises several questions! Is there a way Mathematica would now I have a ChatGPT Plus Subscription with a wider rate limit? Does the Mathematica plug-in has also rate limits?

Thanks again!

Jesus

I believe that the permissions (e.g. gpt-4 enablement, etc... and rate limits are just attached to your OpenAI API key which itself is for your particular account at OpenAI. Mathematica, I believe, is not acting as a gatekeeper other than to put in your OpenAI API key into a secure location to use. Others at Wolfram can confirm or advise (I work at wolfram but am not currently working on the parts that have to do with OpenAI permissions -- though I am working on LLMs n various ways: so I am just "guessing" on this)

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Thanks David! I will be reading more about it.

Jesus

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract