Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to change the value of $UserBasePacletDirectory in Wolfram Cloud version?

Posted 8 months ago

Hi guys! I'm new to Mathematica and I'm trying to install some paclets using PacletInstall[] command in my Wolfram Cloud. It goes by default to

/wolframcloud/userfiles/someNumbers/someMoreNumbers/Base/Paclets

which I understood was because $UserBasePacletsDirectory was set to this address. For me to access the paclet contents in my notebook it needs to be installed into Base/Applications (From what I understood from stackexchange).

So I tried to change the $UserBasePacletsDirectory path which requires using -pacletbase in the Wolfram Language Kernel but the command LaunchKernels[] gives me an error saying Kernel configuration is not supported in wolfram cloud.

Is there a way to change the Paclet base directory address or any other way I can load the paclets into my notebook? I'm stuck with this issue for a couple days now and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I would really like some help with this. Thanks in advance, Cheers!

POSTED BY: Arun KG
2 Replies
Posted 8 months ago

Yes I was confusing the two! In regard to the issue of loading the paclet, I was not using the correct command which turned out to be simply <<. Learning from the mistakes, Thanks for the reply :)

POSTED BY: Arun KG
Posted 8 months ago

Perhaps you are confusing packages with paclets. Packages are installed under Applications. Your $UserBasePacletsDirectory in the cloud looks correct.

The LauchKernels error is because it is not supported in the public cloud. Look at the top right corner of the documentation.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract