4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

OSX clients and MathLM

Posted 10 years ago

I am working on our upgrade to Mathematica 10. I have the version 10 license server running on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have installed Mathematica 10 on a Windows computer and successfully activated it against the license server. On OS X computers, I receive the error message "The front end could not contact the MathLM server xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx..."

I ran mathlm.exe -foreground on the license server, and when OS X computers attempt to activate, stdout yields the following error message: "xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx - Administrator [31/Jul/2014:17:17:11] "Reading client packet" "Failed to read packet with error 429611" -

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony

POSTED BY: Tony Skalski
4 Replies

Standard procedure in a case like this is to contact WRI customer support ;-)

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Mr. Skalski,

A few others have seen this with Macintosh clients and Linux or Windows MathLMs. Developers are working on tracking down the cause.

Please send the information you gave above, plus the names of the Macintosh and MathLM machines, to support@wolfram.com. Include if they are all on the same sub-net.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

I'm having the same problem. Version 9 or 10 Mac clients can not connect. Has anyone found a solution? (I did just open a ticket but wanted to check here too).

Posted 10 years ago

In case anyone comes across this like I did via Google, the fix (via Wolfram support) is to install MathLM 10.0.1 on your license server.

It resolved the problem for an OS X client of mine that was having the "front end could not contact the MathLM server" error.

POSTED BY: Steve Jones
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract