Message Boards Message Boards

Food and TaxonomicSpecies Entities: a Berries Example

Posted 3 months ago

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Dave Middleton
3 Replies
Posted 3 months ago

At the time of writing the original post, I was unable to retrieve all berry species of the identified flowering plant orders within a reasonable time. After all, I am not sure why this happened. However, it is important that the implicit EntityClass functionality works, so I tried again today and with susccess. So this is an addendum to the post above: the code to retrieve all common names available for berry plant species associated with the "flowering plant" orders is:

BerryCommonNames = 
 EntityValue[
   EntityClass[
    Flatten@EntityValue[order, 
      EntityProperty["TaxonomicSpecies", "SpeciesList"]], All], 
   "CommonName", "Dataset"] // DeleteMissing
POSTED BY: Dave Middleton

Thank you so much for this wonderful post. It was exciting to read the ways you have advanced the exploration of food entities to a new level -- and also reduced the computation time of food property values. I can't wait to use these concepts in my own work with Wolfram Food.

POSTED BY: Gay Wilson

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract