Message Boards Message Boards

Can I migrate my database from SQL Server 2012 to Wolfram Cloud?

Posted 10 years ago

I am using Mathematica home edition. My back end is SQL server 2012. I have automated most of my programs using Mathematica hence no manual interaction is required. But one unsolvable problem in that was I should always keep that system on. Now I can solve it through the Wolfram cloud. I want to take advantage of it.

My Question

I have my data in SQL. How can I migrate data from SQL to Wolfram cloud?

POSTED BY: Hari Ganesh
3 Replies

Persuade Microsoft to create a VM for Mathematica on Azure Cloud Services.

Posted 10 years ago

Thanks Rodrigo. Iam using both windows and Mac platforms. At present all my programs are executed through scheduled task in windows. Even though i use scheduled task to execute my programs, my system should be on at that time. So i should take care of my system for my programs to run well. If i move to cloud which is provided by mathematica i can have peaceful mind(I dont have to worry about any sort of interruption and maintenance).

POSTED BY: Hari Ganesh

Hi @Hari, I believe that it's not possible yet. See this post. We have to wait Data Science Platform.

I would like to do that too, but for now, this is available just in Private Cloud.

What OS you use? In windows you can use scheduled task to start a Mathematica Package, so you don't have to keep your MMA open.

POSTED BY: Rodrigo Murta
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract