Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How complete is Mathematica for the Raspberry Pi?

Posted 10 years ago

Hello.

I have been using Mathematica for the Raspberry Pi since its beta announcement last year and I found that some features were not working (like Predict[] and Classify[], that work now).

I had the impression from the last blog entry that the latest Pi version has the same functionality than the desktop version, but I see that for example, FindShortestTour seems not to be working. If I use the same code than in the documentation, Mathematica will return the expression unevaluated.

So, is there any way to know which functions are not working on the Pi?

Thank you!

POSTED BY: Ignacio G.
3 Replies

Regarding FindShortestTour on the Raspberry Pi, please see this thread.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 10 years ago

Just read your post after I posted mine. FindShortestTour only works with max. 4 Points, I have no idea why. I wonder too how much of Mathematica really is on there. Also, the Raspberry Pi Mathematica download is about 300MB I think, whereas the Mac version is 2.2GB. But I'm certain thats comparing apples to oranges...

POSTED BY: Simon K
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you for your answer.

Mathematica is smaller for the Pi, yes, I don't know where is the cut. Java is installed separately so it would sum up to about 500 MB.

In any case, it would be good to know the limitations, in on-line documentation or in a warning message in Mathematica itself.

Regards.

POSTED BY: Ignacio G.
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract