|
3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

loading NonlinearModelFit in Mathematica 6

Posted 10 years ago

Hello, I'm new to the community but see that you provide great guidance so I have a question to ask:

How do I load NonlinearModelFit in Mathematica 6?

When I try using the function as is documented on line I get:

data={{0,1},{1,0},{3,2},{5,4},{6,4},{7,5}}; nlm=NonlinearModelFit[data, Log[a + bx^2],{a,b},x] NonlinearModelFit[{{0,1},{1,0},{3,2},{5,4},{6,4},{7,5}},Log[a+bx2],{a,b},x]

Thanks, Mark

POSTED BY: mark hixon
3 Replies

From the documentation for NonlinearModelFit, http://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NonlinearModelFit.html one can see that it was first introduced in Mathematica version 7 (that information is at the bottom of the page).

POSTED BY: David Reiss

You could use FindMinimum to do the fitting. It's been in Mathematica since Version 1.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Posted 10 years ago

Thanks David,- great answer.

I use Mathematica to simulate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. These problems are described by a series of ODEs which NDSolve does a great job of solving - once I've chosen the values of the parameters.

Moving forward, I was wondering if I could use Mathematica (6.0) to take a data set and optimize the parameters in my model ODEs to give a best fit to the study data.

If this can be more easily done in the latest edition of Mathematica I am open to upgrading.

Thanks again for your time, Mark

POSTED BY: mark hixon
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract