Message Boards Message Boards

"No Wolfram Language translation found." error when creating NetModel

Posted 20 days ago

Hello,
I just started trying out the WolframAlpha Notebook. I am trying to follow the steps in the book "What Is ChatGPT Doing... and Why Does It Work?". Whenever I try to load any NetModel in the Notebook, I get the error "No Wolfram Language translation found." (Please see screenshot).
Is this due a limitation on trial account? or is this because I am trying to run this command in the Notebook?

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: The error is not seen when I directly open a Notebook from the Neural Net Repository.

Attachment

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Shankar P
2 Replies
Posted 20 days ago

I don't know much about WolframAlpha Notebook, but that little orange "=" icon indicates that it's expecting natural language input, not Wolfram Language code. If you want to play around with neural nets, I would think you'd need Mathematica, not WolframAlpha.

When you "open a Notebook from the Neural Net Repository", are you opening it with your own local version of Mathematica or with a cloud account or with Wolfram Player or what? If you already have Mathematica, then that's the environment you want to use to play with neural nets.

POSTED BY: Eric Rimbey
Posted 12 days ago

@eric3 Thanks for responding. I am leaving this comment so it is helpful for anyone else seeing the same issue. The NetModel loads and works without any error on Wolfram Mathematica on a desktop. So if you are trying out example related to the ChatGPT book, use Mathematica installed in your desktop.

The NetModel does not load on Wolfram Alpha Notebook (it may be due to less available memory to load the model).

POSTED BY: Shankar P
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract