|
|
2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

How to auto-size parenthesis in math mode inside text cell?

Posted 10 years ago

I am trying to use Mathematica to typeset things. Is there a way to make () and any other parenthesis autoresize to its content when typing math in text mode? I searched palettes but do not see anything.

I create a text cell, and to enter Math I type CTRL-9, then type (), then fill it with some math. But the size of () remain small compared to content. Screen shot:

enter image description here

In Latex for example, one used \left( and \right) and they will resize automatically. Using version 10 on windows.

thanks,

--Nasser

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
2 Replies

This seems to work fine for me. Is it possible that your parentheses are outside of the inline cell? Putting your cursor on the outside of a parentheses and then stepping in will show if this is the case as the inline cell has a light yellow background once your cursor is within it... (I think you know this of course but I'm saying it for any others that may be reading this)

Here are a couple of examples on my system:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Thanks. I thought that it should have worked also. But this is what happened. I was using different style sheet. was using ParkStyle.nb, which is David Park style sheet on his web site as it nice style sheet. It turns out that it has this issue with () which I did not think it was due to the style sheet. When I changed the style sheet now to Report or Default, then yes, the () did auto-resize automatically.

May be David's style sheet is not updated to version 10, or may be this is how it was before, I do not know now. But the issue is resolved now.

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract