|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Installing Mathematica to a drive other than C:

Posted 10 years ago

Is it possible to install Mathematica to a secondary drive, i.e. other than drive C:? My C: drive is getting full and I'd like to off load it by moving Mathematica.

Bill

POSTED BY: Bill Owens
3 Replies

You can install in on another drive, or just copy the Mathematica folder from

C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica

to D: or where ever. In the latter case, you will need to edit or delete and rebuild shortcuts (start menu, etc).

If you just move Mathematica, you should reset preference and cached files by holding down the SHIFT and CONTROL keys the next time you start Mathematica. (See http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464 .)

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. There is more than one application that, if you install it in other than the C: drive, can exhibit "interesting" behavior. That's what I was worried about.

I expect that when I upgrade to Mathematica 10 shortly, I'll just install that on the E: drive as you suggested and blow away my copy of Mathematica 9 on my C: drive gaining more space.

POSTED BY: William Owens

Yes, it is

In[1]:= $InstallationDirectory
Out[1]= "S:\\Program Files\\Wolfram Research\\Mathematica\\10.0.1"

In[2]:= $Version
Out[2]= "10.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (September 9, 2014)"

in the extremely unlikely case you used in your codes explicit drive names instead of invariant names like NotebookDirectory[], $InstallationDirectory, ... consult WolframSystemFileOrganization for all of them, you will find now a good opportunity to correct that.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract