8 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Frequent Mathematica 10.0.1.0 Crashes

Posted 10 years ago

I hope these questions are appropriate.

I just got MMA V 10.0.1.0 and it is crahsing frequently. I am running x86, Windows 7.

If I enter commands that are directed at WA, for example = y'' -2 y' + 3 y = 0 (the first equals is to direct at WA - I attached a screen shot).

When I do this several times and click on the expand result (plus sign in top right), I frequently get a crash.

Any patches or ideas as this is incredibly annoying and all from the session is lost (is there a way to revert back to 9 and get a refund for 10 as this is just too unstable for my liking)?

Regards

Attachments:
POSTED BY: q q
8 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

I held down the shift key while MMA loaded, and the same crash happened after several simple calculations.

Regards

Posted 10 years ago

The Mathematica.exe dump file has been uploaded.

I also captured the dump files for the two instances of Mathkernel.exe that were running, but have not uploaded those, but will if requested.

Thank you!

~A

Sorry. I manually spread it out a little for readability.

Fortunately for us, only two Community members are having this trouble today. Developer is investigating.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

Note that the original poster was not running that command as a direct input to Mathematica. Rather, they were using the natural language input functionality:

http://www.wolfram.com/language/fast-introduction-for-programmers/natural-language-input/

To the moderators.... note how this post does not format properly.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

A developer requests,

A dump from between the appearance of the error window and shutting down Mathematica completely (i.e., while the Application Error window is open) would be very helpful in diagnosing the cause.

A screen shot of how to get a dump via the Task Manager is below. With the Processes tab, find the Mathematica.exe line, right-click on it, and in the pop-up menu click on Create Dump File.

This will probably be too big to send by email. It can be uploaded via http://upload.wolfram.com/. For the "Recipient:" field, put "support@wolfram.com". In the "Additional notes:", mention this Community thread number, 360569.

enter image description here

A really basic test for strange behaviors is to reset initialization files, in case one was damaged.
See http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464 . Note that Control+Shift will clear the list of recently opened notebooks and
global preference settings. A milder form is to hold down just the Shift key as Mathematica starts.

To ask about a refund or reverting to v9, contact Customer Service. 1-800-WOLFRAM, info@wolfram.com

Posted 10 years ago

Thank you.

If you look at my input, do you notice the spaces between variable names?

Those are critical.

I do not have that issue as this is a simple example.

My problem is frequent crashes when I click on the expand (+ in the RHS of the graphic).

i ran your query in wolfram program cloud. see if it can help you. the output is also attached

Attachments:
POSTED BY: manu gaurav
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract