|
1 Reply
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Listing of Canonical Units

Posted 10 years ago

How can I get a listing of what the canonical units are for the new built-in units system? They're definitely different than the units in the obsolete Units package. For example, Foot is a unit for length in the Units package. KnownUnitQ["Foot"], returns false, but KnownUnitQ["Feet"] returns true. It's not much of an issue when connected to the internet because Mathematica will automatically interpret the units, but if you're not connected and enter a non-canonical unit, you'll get an error, which is an annoyance. I can look up individual or groups of canonical units using {#, QuantityUnit[Quantity[1, #]]} & /@ {"m", "ft", "PSI", "BTU", "BTU/Hours/ft^2/Rankine", "InWC", "lbmol"} // TableForm, but again, that requires internet access. I suppose that I could just build up a list of the units that I normally deal with ahead of time using this method, but that won't be comprehensive and I'm sure it will lead to frustration later.

Thanks

POSTED BY: Andrew Makowski

The ExtendUnits Application sold through my web-site ($30) maintains all the old Units and PhysicalConstants functionality and has many added nice features - such as adding new units or synonyms. And you don't need internet connectivity.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract