2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica and surface pro 3

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

My employer is giving me an option to upgrade my current laptop (Dell, Windows 7 intel core i5, running Mathematica 10) to a Surface Pro 3. I'm fine with the idea except I'm not sure how Mathematica will run on it. My workplace productivity depends on Mathematica, so I want to make sure it is the right migration.

Does anyone have experience with how Mathematica runs on Surface Pro 3?

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Bell Chen
2 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with that, but from the specs listed for a Surface Pro 3 (minimum Intel Core i3 CPU, 4 GB RAM), I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I like the slim, smaller profile of devices like the Surface Pro. I'd jump at that chance if I had your opportunity.

But, on an Atom-device budget, I'm tempted to try running MMA 10 and SystemModeler 4 on an Atom-based tablet with Windows 8.1. There is a thread on the MathGroup archive back from 2012 with someone claiming to successfully run Mathematica on his Intel Atom-based Samsung N150 Plus. However, he was running Ubuntu and the MMA version was likely version 8. See here.

POSTED BY: Glen Deering
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 7 years ago

I have installed Mathematica on my Surface Pro and it works no problem. Go for it!

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract