Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Problem in Generalized Fox's H Function (YFoxH)

Posted 10 years ago

Would any one help me to solve the problem in the code attached below, it is about implementing Generalized Fox's H function in Mathematica, I got this code from a paper which also attached. I have no idea how to use the function. I have tried to reproduce Fig.6 , with L = 1, as shown in the paper, but fail.

Would you please give me any idea to solve it? My problem will be solved as long as I can reproduce the same graphic as shown in Fig.6. Thanks in advanced

Attachments:
POSTED BY: cong ade
2 Replies

I have not gone through the entire code (though you have a typo before the final Return in that there is not a semicolon after the integration before it--Returns in Mathematica are not necessary, but the original person who coded this was thinking as though he was programming in Fortran or Basic or C).

In going through the (typo-fixed) code line by line I find that the errors are generated in the final Do loop in the MT function execution. It is trying to take parts of AR that are too deep. Perhaps you have not specified your parameter definitions in your example case correctly? Beyond this, it'd require reading the paper in detail to understand things...

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

Hi David Reiss, thanks for your comment. I think the code is intentionally made for general case, for any size of vector A and B. I found his other paper which also has the similar mathematica code as well as the explanation of the code. I attach the paper below (on appendix B). It helps me to understand the structure of the input of the function.

Anyway, I apply YFoxH for a special case, as given on equation (17) of the previous paper (outage capacity multicarrier.pdf), with L = 1 ; m1,m2,...ml = 1; Cth = 1. Hence, I modify the code as attach below. Now the error is not because of the Do loop, but still I do not get the final result :(

Attachments:
POSTED BY: cong ade
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract