Message Boards Message Boards

The system of equations with two variables.

Posted 10 years ago

Good afternoon! More recently started to learn the language Mathematica, decided to use it to solve one of the equations given scientific director at the university. I have the equation of the type (attached image). Tried to implement it in Mathematica 10, but the result (graph) is not very similar to the truth. The question arises: mathematically, I (sort of) correctly described the equation, but the answer is clearly not what it should be. Tell me, what could be the problem?
In order Bessel equation used 0 , 1, 2.
eps1=eps2=0.5
k=3
beta=0,999
I enclose a picture - should look like the graph .

Sorry for my English, I use Google translator. Kind regards, Denis

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Denis Denk
4 Replies

Denis, please provide the Mathematica code which gave you a graph which you compared to the one of your figure. Aha! You did already, but my English speaking version of Mathematica does not open a file with a name containing kyrillic letters.

POSTED BY: Ulrich Mutze
Posted 10 years ago

If I understand correctly, the file is not opened because the name is not on the English keyboard layout. I'm attaching a corrected version,

Kind regards, Denis.

Attachments:

Fine. With the default options which you are using the graphics comes out quite irregularly. But adding the options PlotPoints->100 turns it into a system of smooth curves. This, however, does not match your graphics quantitatively. I guess that your definition of S1 ... S6 does not exactly match the form which underlies your graphics. Hope this helps.

POSTED BY: Ulrich Mutze
Posted 10 years ago

Thank you, and a graph of the truth has become smoother. The question is precisely what can be wrong? I suspect that in the condition I have given the first derivative "Bessel K" and others. I outlined them in the right code? Another question is this. On my system, the variable "R" changes in the gap [0;25] and the variables "Kz" are changed from [0;3.1]. Tried to build a separate S1-S6 and the program does not give me the addiction. I do not understand, it seems the problem in the code. The question is whether I even brought it? For the first time use wolfram mathematica mistakes can be very trivial. If not difficult, review of the at least one "S" may be wrong, I just laid out code. Kind regards, Denis.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract