|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

"Cannot import data as JSON format" error with PostLikeCommentNetwork

Posted 10 years ago

I'm trying to use Mathematica 10 to generate the post like comment network for my Facebook account using the SocialMediaData function:

SocialMediaData["Facebook", "PostLikeCommentNetwork"]

However, it returns the "Cannot import data as JSON format" error whenever I try to do this, as well as with some other similar commands. I've linked my Facebook account, and some other commands (such as FriendNetwork) work fine, although others return the same error. Clearing the system cache doesn't change anything. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks!

POSTED BY: Samuel Breslow
4 Replies

It worked for me... not a very informative image though....

enter image description here

The error that you got can come from a file that is not properly formatted JSON, which, of course, could be anything that is returned when, for example, an error web page is sent.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Which version of Mathematica are you running?

To find out, evaluate $Version. If you're not running the latest version, I would suggest trying to install the latest version.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

I'm using 10.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (June 29, 2014). Is that the latest version?

POSTED BY: Samuel Breslow

That's an older version. I apologize. I asked you to run the wrong command. Run $ReleaseNumber instead. It should say "2" for version 10.0.2 which is the latest release.

If you get Mathematica directly from Wolfram Research, you most likely can get it from user.wolfram.com after logging in. Some universities have a different distribution system. If you run into any problems downloading 10.0.2, I would suggest contact Wolfram Customer Support (http://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/).

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract