|
2 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What CDF version do I have installed?

Posted 10 years ago

I create CDF documents for others who do not have a copy of Mathematica but just have the CDF Player. I'm running Windows 7 with Mathematica 10.0.2. Sometimes the "pink screen" appears to those others due to the previously discussed issue in this forum that the CDF Reader is version 9.

However, when I look at the CDF document in Internet Explorer on my computer with Mathematica 10.0.2, I don't see the "pink screen". Everything looks fine. When I look at the extensions in Internet Explorer I see

Extension information

So...do I not have (or cannot have) CDF Player version 9 such that I can "see" what others without Mathematica 10 would see?

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
2 Replies

do I not have (or cannot have) CDF Player version 9 such that I can "see" what others without Mathematica 10 would see?

You can download the Version 9 CDF player and install it on your computer along side version 10 of Mathematica. Then open the CDF file itself, using the CDF player, not Mathematica 10. (i.e. open the CDF player, then choose the CDF file to open). This should show you what others are seeing using the browser CDF plugin at their computer.

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
Posted 10 years ago

Thanks, Nasser! That works perfectly!

One of the symptoms that I didn't mention is that when I right-click on a CDF document and choose "Open with", the options of Wolfram Mathematica 10, Wolfram Mathematica 9, and Wolfram CDF Player 9 appear. However, when I choose Wolfram CDF Player 9, the document gets opened with Mathematica 10.

But, again, your solution of opening Wolfram CDF Player 9 directly and then opening the CDF from within that application works fine.

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract