|
|
3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Klein-Gordon in Spherical Coordinates

I need a help. I'm a new user in Mathematica. I need to solve Klein-Gordon in spherical coordinate like this

\[Psi]''[r] + 2 /r \[Psi]'[r] + m^2 \[Psi][r] == -E^2 \[Psi][r] 

with m is the mass of particle and E is the eigenvalue. The boundary conditions are

\[Psi]'[0] == 1, \[Psi][0] == constant,  \[Psi]'[infinity] == 0, \[Psi][infinity] == 0 

How is the code that I have to make?

3 Replies

This is the radial equation for a free particle. To solve:

In[3]:= DSolve[ \[Psi]''[r] + 2/r \[Psi]'[r] + 
   m^2 \[Psi][r] == -E^2 \[Psi][r], \[Psi][r], r]

Out[3]= {{\[Psi][r] -> (E^(-Sqrt[-E^2 - m^2] r) C[1])/r + (
    E^(Sqrt[-E^2 - m^2] r) C[2])/(2 Sqrt[-E^2 - m^2] r)}}

C[2]=0 to satisfy the boundary condition at infinity, C[1] can be determined by normalization.

POSTED BY: S M Blinder

Thank you for the answer. I'll try :)

Prof, now I want to solve 2 coupled differential equations with eigenvalue (Ei) like this \[Phi]''[r] + (2/r) \[Phi]'[r] + mb^2 \[Phi][r] + (Ei + g*A[r])^2 \[Phi][r] == 0, A''[r] + (2/r) A'[r] + mv^2 A[r] + 2 g (Ei + g*A[r])^2 (\[Phi][r])^2 == 0 where mb, mv, and g are constants that we assume 1. The boundary conditions of these equations are \[Phi][0] = 1, \[Phi]'[0] = 0, A[0] = 0, A'[0] = 0. Because the singularity of r, we assume r = 1e-8. and also I want to find the maximum radius (r) when \[Phi][r_max] = 0, \[Phi]'[r_max] = 0, A[r_max] = 0, A'[r_max] = 0.

I've tried the code mb = mv = g = 1; b = ParametricNDSolveValue[{\[Phi]''[r] + (2/r) \[Phi]'[r] + mb^2 \[Phi][r] + (Ei + g*A[r])^2 \[Phi][r] == 0, A''[r] + (2/r) A'[r] + mv^2 A[r] + 2 g (Ei + g*A[r])^2 (\[Phi][r])^2 == 0, \[Phi][0.00000001] == 1, \[Phi]'[0.00000001] == 0, A[0.00000001] == 0, A'[0.00000001] == 0}, {\[Phi], A}, {r, 0.00000001, 100}, {Ei}] but it didn't work when I wanted to find Ei by this val = Map[FindRoot[b[Ei][100], {Ei, #}] &, {1, 2, 3}] and the maximum radius. I want to know where is the problem of my code.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract