Message Boards Message Boards

Does Wolfram Programming Cloud support Associations?

Posted 9 years ago

I have a Mathematica 10.0 Notebook that uses Associations (http://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Association.html). I uploaded it to Wolfram Programming Cloud but the cloud interface produced a syntax error when trying to define an Association. Are Associations supported in Wolfram Programming Cloud?

4 Replies

I've also had a number of things that worked fine both in Mathematica 9 and 10, but threw unexpected errors in the Cloud. I haven't seen any pattern to that, it's definitely not limited to new functions, but also affects things like Graphics3D objects. So I suspect we just need a bit more patience with the Cloud coming out of its beta stages.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert

User interface in Desktop and Cloud versions is very different and Cloud is in beta. I suspect there are still some matching functionality being developed.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie

Thanks for confirming that Associations are supported by Wolfram Programming Cloud. The following screenshot shows the code and error message from the web interface:

Screenshot of code and error

This code was runnable in the Mathematica 10 Desktop version. I found that if I removed the carriage return after the "col = <|" input and changed the first line to "col = <| "Posted Date" -> 1," then the input was processed as expected. Interestingly, if I then reintroduced the carriage return bringing the input back to the original, it still processed as expected on subsequent executions.

Wolfram Cloud does support Associations. I had no problems using this function. Without your code and error message it is impossible to say more.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract