4 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Using .NET with MONO under OSX 10.10

Posted 10 years ago

Hello,

I'm quite new using Mathematica 10.0.0.2 Home Edition and .NET on my Mac Book running OSX10.10. In order to use .NET I installed the latest MONO version "MonoFramework-MDK-3.12.1-macosx10.xamarin.x86.pkg". MONO install path is "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/3.12.1/lib/libmonoboehm-2.0.1.dylib"

But when I try to establish a .NET communication e.g. with Needs["NETLink`"] InstallNET[]; the only message is : Cannot set current directory to \ /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/Contents/Frameworks/mathlink.\ framework/. >>

The path is wrong as the Mathematica installation path is : /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/SystemFiles/Links/NETLink So the path "../contents/contents/.." seems to be the issue.

Anybody out there to provide some advice ? Thank a lot in advance.

Christian

POSTED BY: Christian Boge
4 Replies

FYI, newer versions of Mono no longer install to "/usr/bin" so the default option value of InstallNET,

OptionValue[InstallNET, "MonoPath"]  (* returns "mono" *)

may no longer be found. Instead, set this path yourself when using InstallNET:

InstallNET["MonoPath" -> "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"]
POSTED BY: Kevin Daily

You're welcome, glad to hear it! :)

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Stefan,

your exceptional fast answer "saved my day" ! It works perfect, thank a lot.

Christian

POSTED BY: Christian Boge

This is an issue in Mathematica 10.0.2. It is fixed in Mathematica 10.1.0, but if you don't have access to that version, here's a workaround:

Locate this file:

FileNameJoin[{$InstallationDirectory, "SystemFiles", "Links", "NETLink", "Kernel", "InstallNET.m"}]

and then replace it with the file attached.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract