|
4 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

<<>> notation

Posted 9 years ago

hi all, it is not a big deal, I just got confused. Is anyone know what kind of notation is this "<< >>" ?? <<>> notation

POSTED BY: Jonah Wimer
4 Replies

It represents material that is hidden or omitted from the output display because it would take up too much space. It often appears within a display that allows you to display more or less.

Posted 9 years ago

Thanks for the explanation and I still have a question regarding this. Is the hidden part of the equation selected because it has small impact for the whole equation, or the software (Wolfram Mathematica) simply hides random part of the equation because it is considered would take too much space?

Because in my case the hidden material is kind of unclickable thing or let's say I couldn't find the display more button anywhere.

Posted 9 years ago

I'm using Mathematica 9.0. I get it....and turns out someone put "Short" in the code.

Thanks guys, It is really helpful.

Look at the help of Skeleton. What version of Mathematica are you using? The behaviour of seeing skeleton objects changed a little bit over the years. With the newer version you never see them like you do in your screenshot unless you use the function Shallow or Short explicitly.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract