|
3 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

New downloadable example: Amplifier Reliability

Posted 9 years ago

One of the new features in SystemModeler 4.1 is the possibility to use reliability information in your models. This new example: Electrical circuit reliability shows how to combine reliability information and Modelica models. The example shows how to retrieve reliability information from a model with WSMModelReliability:

{rAmp, rAmpH} = {WSMModelReliability[model], WSMModelReliability[modelHot]}

And how to compute some typical measures such as survival function:

Survival function and MTTF marked

Go ahead and download the new example from the examples page and try it out yourself!

POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin
3 Replies

A sanity check: Is it reasonable to use this approach to model the reliability of larger systems? For example a system consisting of a modular, multi-voltage power supply, an instrument chassis with a backplane, and up to 18 parallel modules used for a variety of data collection or instrumentation tasks. Specifically I'm referring to modeling a National Instruments PXI chassis with backplane connected instruments or DAQ devices. Generally there is reliability data for each subassembly including the chassis. So I'm curious to know if these new reliability tools could be reasonably used to assess the anticipated system reliability rather than just using them for simple circuits?

I'm not really asking how to do it as much as I am asking is it a reasonable use of these tools. I recognize there are a lot of other reliability prediction tools out there.

POSTED BY: Rick McGinley
Posted 9 years ago

Good question. This methodology can be used for much larger systems than this small electrical circuit. Your case sounds like a good application. One caveat: faults are models as independent. This assumption is sound in many cases, but not all.

POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin
POSTED BY: Rick McGinley
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract