|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

CountryData fails for some tags and properties

Posted 10 years ago

I'm using Mathematica 10.0.2 for Mac, and for the first time just tried CountryData.

Executing the first example in the documentation of CountryData was fine:

CountryData["France", "Population"]

but the second one failed:

CountryData["G8"]

with the following error messages:

General::aofil: /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx already open as /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx. >>

OpenWrite::noopen: Cannot open /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx. >>

General::stream: $Failed is not a string, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ]. >>

General::stop: Further output of General::stream will be suppressed during this calculation. >>

SetFileDate::nffil: File not found during SetFileDate[/Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx,{2014,3,7,13,31,4}]. >>

Then I removed ~/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Temporary as an attempt to solve this.

Now CountryData["G8"] just gives me

$Failed

without anything else.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should try to restore the functionality of CountryData?

4 Replies

In that case, I would contact Wolfram Technical Support:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/

Let them know that you went through that article and which folders you removed.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Will I be able to contact them about a technical issue without being a Premier Service subscriber?

Evaluate this:

ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "Paclets"}]

I would remove this file and restart Mathematica.

Then try evaluting:

RebuildPacletData[]

If you continue to see this problem, consider following this guide for fixing common configuration problems (http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464).

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Thank you for your reply. I've tried everything that you suggested, including every instruction in support.wolfram.com/kb/12464, but none of them works. CountryData["G8"] still gives me $Failed.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract