|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

CountryData fails for some tags and properties

Posted 9 years ago

I'm using Mathematica 10.0.2 for Mac, and for the first time just tried CountryData.

Executing the first example in the documentation of CountryData was fine:

CountryData["France", "Population"]

but the second one failed:

CountryData["G8"]

with the following error messages:

General::aofil: /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx already open as /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx. >>

OpenWrite::noopen: Cannot open /Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx. >>

General::stream: $Failed is not a string, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ]. >>

General::stop: Further output of General::stream will be suppressed during this calculation. >>

SetFileDate::nffil: File not found during SetFileDate[/Users/ME/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Repository/CountryData-9.0.64/Data/CountryData.wdx,{2014,3,7,13,31,4}]. >>

Then I removed ~/Library/Mathematica/Paclets/Temporary as an attempt to solve this.

Now CountryData["G8"] just gives me

$Failed

without anything else.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should try to restore the functionality of CountryData?

4 Replies

Evaluate this:

ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "Paclets"}]

I would remove this file and restart Mathematica.

Then try evaluting:

RebuildPacletData[]

If you continue to see this problem, consider following this guide for fixing common configuration problems (http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12464).

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Thank you for your reply. I've tried everything that you suggested, including every instruction in support.wolfram.com/kb/12464, but none of them works. CountryData["G8"] still gives me $Failed.

In that case, I would contact Wolfram Technical Support:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/

Let them know that you went through that article and which folders you removed.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Will I be able to contact them about a technical issue without being a Premier Service subscriber?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract