|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

A problem with NDSolve

Posted 9 years ago

I attached my program. It is a problem of solving 6 third-order ODEs with 18 boundary conditions. After using NDSolve to get the numerical solutions of the problem, I plotted the first and second derivatives. I believe that the graphs of the first and second derivatives are wrong, since they are totally different from what I expected. Besides, in the boundary conditions, there is one stipulating that u2a''[1/2]==0. But after I extracted the results, I got u2a''[1/2]==-0.614559. So there is definitely something wrong, either with my code or with the algorithm of NDSolve. I don't know where the problem is. Could anyone help me? Many thanks!!

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Hui Sun
4 Replies

u2b'[0] = 0 and u2b'[1/2] = u2a'[1/2] Here is a mistake. Initial condition he can not have two values and forgot u6b[?]==?.

enter image description here so u2b'[0] = 0 ,u2b'[0] = u2a'[0] and e.g u6b[0]=0

POSTED BY: Mariusz Iwaniuk

I used "method of Lines" and it helped.I found a website that can help you solve the problem.I hope. LINK

See file Attachment.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Mariusz Iwaniuk

This is a boundary value problem, not a initial value problem. Actually, function u2a[x] is defined on 1/2=<x<=1, and u6b[x] is defined on 1=<x<=3/2, so there cannot be u2a'[0] and u6b[0]. I don't think there is anything wrong with my boundary conditions, since I wrote them according to the basic principles of mechanics, although I could not guarantee that they are 100% correct. Anyway, many thanks for your reply and help!

Many thanks for your help! After thinking it over, I feel that maybe I did give some wrong boundary conditions...Sorry for the time you spend on this problem...Once again, many thanks.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract