|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Need a reference for a specific filter

Posted 9 years ago

I have a software that is using what I think is a very simple filter. I don't know if it is a standard one and whether it has a standard name, and I'm hoping someone could tell if it is, and if it is a known filter, I'd love some online reference that explains a little about it or at least mentions it.

I have an image I'm drawing out of some data (that originally comes from running FFT over a WAV file).

In the software, each pixel gets a specific value. Although at the end each pixel must get some RGB value, as a middle step, before drawing the actual image, I give each pixel some real number bigger than 0. Then I activate the filter, and then, at the end, give the pixel an RGB value.

The filter has 2 parameters - min,max.

What the filter does is, given that pixel (x,y) of the image received the value of v, checks if min>v or v>max. If so, (x,y) is filtered out and receives the RGB value of 0,0,0 (it'll be black in the image). Else, (x,y) receives some predefined color (let's assume it is white).

This way, all the image has only 2 colors - black for pixels that were filtered out, and otherwise white.

Thank you very much in advance!

POSTED BY: Nadav S
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract