Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to approximate a bezier curve with a polynom f(x) ?

Posted 9 years ago

Hello everybody

I would like to separate a simple bezier curve into multiple parts (compare image) and approximate every part with a polynom of the form f(x) = y how to convert a bezier curvese into a f(x) function

If adding a case condition e.g. (if x > 10 AND x < 20 then f(x) = ..... ) how is it possible to approximate each part with a polynom?

Cheers, Matt

POSTED BY: Matt Paro
8 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Okkes Dulgerci
Posted 9 years ago

Dear Mr. Dulgerci

It is a big surprise and pleasure to have gotten your reply! I appreciate your answer a lot.

After using the function InterpolatingPolynomial[] I am not sure, though, as to whether or not my goals can be reached in mathematica or at all.

Please have a look at the document and tell me whether it is possible to achieve those goals. The interpolation is not giving me a very good fit on the targeted shape (paro2.nb).

Best regards, Matteo

Attachments:

Hi Matteo,

as I understand your problem you just need an interpolation of your 2D data. The idea in this case is to consider the x- and the y-coordinates seperately - see my attachment. Maybe this is helpful.

Regards -- Henrik

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner

... here just comes an improved version.

Henrik

Attachments:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Simon Cadrin

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Simon Cadrin
Posted 9 years ago

@Henrik Thanks very much for your answer! Is there a way to export the point coordinates and the slope values (first differential) of the various points which I see when doubleclicking on the graph?

Hi Matteo,

of course you can export all those data (using Export) - see attachment.

Regards -- Henrik

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract