Message Boards Message Boards

WordPress plugin with Mathematica-related functionality

Posted 9 years ago

I have recently published the Mathematica Toolbox, a WordPress plugin for website owners who sometimes write about Mathematica. I hope that someone here will find it useful. For details please see the WordPress plugin page. Here is a quick rundown:

• Syntax highlighting for the Wolfram Language.
  • Automated embedding of CDFs.
  • Automated replacement of glyphs such \[Alpha] that appear in code copied from Mathematica.
  • Various utility shortcodes: generate links to the documentation, reference users on Mathematica.Stackexchange.com, and more.
POSTED BY: Calle E
6 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

It could perhaps be a security filter. When I played around with a multisite install of WordPress a couple of years ago, I noticed that all sites were using the same database. Since plugins have access to the database, it would make sense to be careful about which plugins you let people install. Even for single user installs it can make sense. Here is what it looks like for me:

Plugins

Thanks for your quick reply. Mathematica does not show up for me under plugins. I'll follow up with with our IT.

Themis

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Themis Matsoukas

I am looking for a Mathematica plugin for WordPress and came across your post. Is the plugin still supported?

My WordPress site is run through my university via a web interface. Other plugins are installed simply by selecting and activating them on that interface. How would I go about installing yours?

Thanks

POSTED BY: Themis Matsoukas
Posted 3 years ago

Opening Plugins -> Add plugin and then searching for "Mathematica" brings up my plugin as the top search result for me. Just click "Install now" and you should be good to go.

It is not supported in the sense that I test anymore with every release, however so far as I know it does still work. I am contactable and willing to discuss issues that may be discovered so in that sense it still has support.

I still have to dig through it but I already see it to be very valuable and useful, thanks for coming here and sharing the news. Did you choose WordPress because you consider it the most flexible platform? Could you by any chance share some links to sites that use it so we can see live examples? In any case - big thanks again.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Posted 9 years ago

I worked as a freelance web developer for a few summers and WordPress was one of the platforms that I specialized in. It has a commercial advantage because it is by far the most popular content management system. It has over seventy million users, and is used by a fifth of all new websites in the US. I released this plugin three days ago so right now I'm just trying to get the word out, it has five downloads so far and no users as far as I know. There are some screenshots here.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract