Message Boards Message Boards

Must be an easy question - 4 pictures in a grid - without unwanted borders

Posted 9 years ago

Just a simple plot:

> rr = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, Background -> Brown]

The plot is placed 4 times in Grid:

> res2 = Grid[{{rr, rr}, {rr, rr}}, Spacings -> {0, 0}, Frame -> None, FrameStyle -> None, Dividers -> None]

Export to the cloud:

CloudExport[res2, "PNG", "plot2"]

the picture has 2 white lines. The one on the bottom is a little thicker. How do I remove these? remove the 2 white lines

Are you able to remove the white lines? I tried

> Rasterize[res2,ImageSize -> 1000]

The first white line is not white anymore but brown because the vertical axes do not connect as the should be. The bottom white line stays white.

I don't want to use CloudDeploy but this works (vertical axes are connected)

> CloudDeploy[res2, "plot"]

If I use ExportForm in the CloudDeploy to force a png picture same issue appears.

I must have missed something...

4 Replies

3 lines as material to work with:

rr = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, Background -> Brown]
ar = Table[rr, {3}, {3}];
gr = Grid[ar, Frame -> All, FrameStyle -> Directive[{Thickness[3], Red}], Spacings -> {0, 0}]

Evaluate

Export["pic.gif", gr, "GIF"]
Export["pic.png", gr, "PNG"]
Export["pic.svg", gr, "SVG"]

enter image description here

A normal export without any cloud involved shows already the artifact. If a setting of Background->Brown is used in the Export is shows:

There is a way to remove the stitching error.

as = ImagePad[ImageAssemble[ar],2,Red]
CloudExport[as, "GIF"]

The picture is now stitched with ImageAssemble and a border is added with ImagePad. The result is a perfect picture.

Note: I was under the impression that CloudDeploy didn't produce the stitching artifacts but it also does when grid with pictures is mixed.

the ImageAssembled picture is 1 big picture while the Grid solution contains 9 individual pictures. So my question is if it is possible to mix Grid and Images without stitching errors or is it impossible to mix. Do I gain load time of the page with this?

I don't have the means (I think) to cloud deploy. When I just export the image to my desktop, I see no lines.

However, you might try applying the Background option to Grid[], rather than the plots. This should make the problem go away. I encountered similar problems, and this change fixed them.

David, your picture has the white line at the top.

The white line is in the picture. I checked by downloading in firefox, IE and chrome. In firefox it is easy to see because of the black background. MMA 10.3 win 8.1 64

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract