2 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Tracking and billing Cloud Credit use?

Posted 9 years ago

Hello - I am very new to the Wolfram Cloud but am evaluating it for a possible app our company is developing, so please excuse this question if its something basic I have missed...

Our app would be rolled out to our customer mobile devices and be used in data analysis. I belive that analysis will consume credit to be run in the cloud. Is there a way in Wolfram to track what particular user or app installation instance consumed the credits and how many each user has consumed so we may forward those charges on to the end users?

That is, user Bob is a heavy user and frequently uses the app and consumes X credits. User Joe only uses once a few months and only consumed Y credits. Is there a way to show a report of credit use for each app instance, so that we may bill Bob X and Joe Y?

I know we could do it outside the framework of Wolfram cloud, but wondered if there was some built in way?

Thank you for any help, Scott

POSTED BY: scott shekels
2 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Thanks Sean! thats what I started thinking would be the best option as well. The app could call our server. Our servers would then log the call and run the API to get the resulting data. A bit clunky, but just wanted to know if I was missing anything.

thanks!

POSTED BY: scott shekels

In the worst case scenario, your app could use an API in the cloud and each API call would send a unique ID with it. The API would then collect each unique ID to see who is using what. There might be a built in tool to do this already, but I'm not aware of it.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract