Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
0 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How can I analyze game data for FIRST FRC Stronghold to pick allies?

Posted 8 years ago

I'm a mentor for a FIRST FRC team. We're trying to create a scouting application that will help us determine which teams we should ally with if and when we make it to the elimination rounds. We also plan to share our results with the other teams.

In the game, there are two alliances, each composed of three teams. Each team has its own robot and the robots differ somewhat in their capabilities. During qualification rounds, allies are picked randomly in an attempt to give each team a chance to play with and against every other team. All three teams in an alliance win or lose a match together. Winning is based on the final score for the match.

Once all the qualification matches have been played, the top 12 teams will pick allies, one at a time in a round-robin fashion. That means an ally you wanted might be picked before the chance to pick comes to you.

What I'd like to do is analyze the performance of the teams and be able to tell our team captain what the best choices are from among the remaining teams each chance we have to pick. (Or, if we're not in the top 12, advise our alliance lead team.)

I don't know enough statistics to come up with something fancy, so I'm hoping someone here might point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

POSTED BY: Ray Benjamin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract