GROUPS:

Wolfram functions for the Raspberry Pi Sense Hat

Posted 6 years ago
|
8 Replies
|
10 Total Likes
|

I clearly remember reading detailed instructions for accessing the Raspberry Pi Sense Hat using Wolfram language functions but I can't find them now. I've searched the Wolfram, Raspberry, and Adafruit sites and I have found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just because I remember reading something doesn't mean I actually did. I may be misremembering the python instruction.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

~~Dan Wheeler

8 Replies

I saw that in wolfram language documentation there is info about using senseHAT but OpenDevice["SenseHAT"] gives an error that can`t find SenseHAT device

also

FindDevices[] dosn't show SenseHat but other such as GPIO show

I will aprecitae for help

when I use python it works with senseHAT so ?

Attachments:

Any news on this? The online documentation shows that it should be possible to use DeviceOpen etc but when I try it on the Rasberry Pi 3 with everything updated the command fails.

Getting data wity Python works fine on the device so the sensor is working.

Posted 5 years ago

I am also preparing some educational materials to use on the RaspberryPi and hoped I could make a nice demo with the SenseHat. The online documentation already referenced by Frederik looks promising, but when I do FindDevices[] the SenseHat is not listed. Is there a driver available for download?

Posted 5 years ago

Any news/update about the drivers? When I run FindDevices[] the output do not have SenseHat.

Any new information for SenseHat support in Mathematica on the Raspberry Pi?

I just got a version 3 Pi for my son and he as been making his way through Steven W's programming book. I got the SenseHat to complement his programming. However, Mathematica cannot find it. I wanted to keep him in one language as he is just learning but now I will have to switch gears over to Python 3 since it can see and use the SenseHat.

WRI, In addition to the upcoming SenseHat support may you add a tutorial on accessing components (e.g. LEDs) on a breadboard. There are lots of these quick starts for other languages on Raspberry Pi. Wolfram Language is missing out on introducing them early.

Posted 5 years ago

With Mathematica 11 for the Raspberry Pi now released, I am looking out eagerly for the examples. In mean time the documentation page

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/device/SenseHAT.html

now shows me Chinese?! :-)

This should be fixed, are you still seeing the documentation page in Chinese?

Ian

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract