|
4 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Cloud Expressions and Structured Storage in the Cloud

Posted 8 years ago

Seeking a means to have a persistent cloud based storage for structured data, I stumbled upon CloudExpressions, but, trying to update in place a cloud expression holding an association using iterated AssociateTo calls, I found it rather appalingly slow... But it may very well be the case that, due to my inexperience, I may not have used the most efficient update pattern...

Anyway, though having some wolfram language transparent cloud based structured storage and retrieval service is a very appealing option compared to having recourse to some other external web API, would you consider using cloud expressions as a viable option to persist the structured data of a Wolfram Cloud backed web application ?

Thanks for your comments.

POSTED BY: Fabien Todescato
4 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

I get the same thing, timing from a cloud notebook. (You would get something quite a bit slower connecting from the desktop product due to difference in network time.)

I'll pass this along to the CloudExpression folks. CloudExpression is a new feature, and it's not unheard of for first release to need some optimization.

POSTED BY: Joel Klein

Joel Klein, Thank you.

Posted 8 years ago

How were you measuring performance, what kind of code did you have?

POSTED BY: Joel Klein

Something very unscientific, I fear. I updated in place a CloudExpression holding an association, using AssociateTo, like so :

enter image description here enter image description here

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract