Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Interactively select seed point for region processing in an image?

I am working on a segmentation problem on MR images. Consider the image below for example:

MRI Brain

Now I want to choose any pixel by clicking on the image and consider it as a seed point for region growing. I'm also interested in choosing multiple seed points for different region growing. How can I proceed?

POSTED BY: Subhrajyoti Maji
3 Replies

Wolfram Language is a programing language, not a tool like Gimp or Photoshop. You need to write code, actual functions that process things. That is typing and copy-pasting. Interactivity in 3D is present, but not for pixel mask yet I think, this would be hard, I am not sure how that would work. Perhaps Image3DSlices should help you somehow with 3D version.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

@Vitaliy Kaurov

Thanks a lot. Can I avoid the copy paste actions and binarize directly? And is it possible to extend this for a 3D image?

POSTED BY: Subhrajyoti Maji

Please, consider filling out your profile: @Subhrajyoti Maji. I think what you are asking is building a mask interactively. You can choose whether use the mask as an image or list of pixels. Tutorial below shows how to use ti as image and then use it in a image processing operation further. Explore interactive interface shown in the video to see other options. It is called Interactive Image Assistant - see more details at the link.

enter image description here

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract