|
11 Replies
|
11 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Workbench plugin 10.1.811 changelog?

Posted 7 years ago

I noticed that a new version of the Workbench Eclipse plugin was released. The version number is 10.1.811.

Is there a list of changes that we can look at?

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
11 Replies

This update was meant to simply fix an incompatibility with the upcoming Mathematica 11.1 that was discovered internally.

It appears that this update inadvertently picked up incomplete changes to the documentation center that are coming in 11.1.

Thanks for informing us! We are investigating.

Thank you for the clarification. Could you please post an update in this thread when it has been fixed, to signal that it is now safe to update the plugin?

We have pushed a new update that should fix the issue (plugin version 10.1.822)

Stefan, Thank you. My documents built from 10.1.882 can display correctly now.

POSTED BY: Sompob Saralamba

@Stefan, it seems that 10.1.822 has removed tutorial links from the bottom of reference pages. Here's what I had before:

enter image description here

And here's what I have now:

enter image description here

I know that the style of that Tutorials header did not fit in, but that is just a minor stylistic thing. Tutorials are essential for packages, and they should be easily discoverable from the main doc page of a package (which is usually the guide page). Can this section please be restored? Otherwise, is there anything I can do to restore this Tutorials section, short of looking into the DocumentationBuild source and hacking it within docbuild.xml with some live patching?

I believe this is a side-effect of those links being removed from Mathematica guide pages in general in 11.1, as part of documentation redesigns, and not specifically a Workbench issue. We are discussing this issue internally.

Maybe I misunderstood your response, but just in case: I do not see the links in 11.0.1 either. This shows that they are not hidden by the stylesheet. The DocumentationBuild package that is bundled with 10.1.822 simply does not include these links on guide pages.

The official Mathematica documentation did not have tutorial links at the bottom even in the 10.0-11.0 style documentation. It only had these links in a dropdown menu at the top. This menu was removed in 11.1. This means that guide pages have no links to tutorials whatsoever in 11.1. I think this is a usability problem in the 11.1 built-in documentation. But it is a distinct problem from what I was asking about here: now I am asking only about how to have these links in my own documentation.

Sorry, my comment was a bit vague. What I meant is that the doc building code in Workbench (10.1.822) is based on the code used to build the official M11.1 documentation. So when that code was modified to omit the tutorial links, that trickled down into Workbench as a side effect.

Thanks for the clarification! In case you haven't seen this question yet, do you have the answer for it?

If anyone else has installed 10.1.811 and is struggling to go back to 10.1.757, it turns out to be possible because Eclipse seems to cache previously installed versions of its plugins.

Go to Help -> Installation Details. Select the Installation History tab. Select a restore point, and click Revert.

WARNING: With this version I can no longer build documentation that displays correctly, and I do not know how to go back to the previous version of Workbench. Do not install this if you depend on Workbench.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract