I look at the blog post with the 11.3 word cloud with ‘Blockchain’ as the BIG center and ask how important is that? As I run the exact same data science GPU code on identical hardware software configuration except for the change from Mathematica 11.2 to Mathematica 11.3 and see my neural network performance go from 295 seconds on 11.2 to 2038 seconds on 11.3. Again NO change other than Mathematica version. And then I see that Mathematica 11.3 still does not support current XCode LLVM/GCC compiler or NVIDIA for CUDA tools (watch it move back to old paclet for Mathematica 10.5 after you upgrade your XCode command line tools to current version, am I expected to pay money to figure this out?) .
This is my experience as I explore the value of Mathematica since release 10 to today for data science and at the same time see the massive improvements and quality of Python, Jupyter, NVIDIA, iOS CoreML, Vulkan, Tensorflow and core GPU computing on MacOS, iOS and Linux.
Really questioning the value proposition of Wolfram for data science going forward. Sad.

