[?] Make a 3D scatter plot using multiple data sets imported from excel?

I have multiple data sets in several excel (.xlsx) files that I want to visualize as a single 3D scatter plot. I can import each data set individually and plot them using the ListPointPlot3D command:

data3 = Import["/Users/hewittwm/Documents/Mathematica/data3.xlsx"]
ListPointPlot3D[data3, BoxRatios -> 1, PlotRange -> {{0, 3000}, {0, 1}, {0, 1}}, AxesLabel -> {"Volume", "Buriedness", "Hydrophobicity"}]

data4 = Import["/Users/hewittwm/Documents/Mathematica/data4.xlsx"]
ListPointPlot3D[data4, BoxRatios -> 1, PlotRange -> {{0, 3000}, {0, 1}, {0, 1}}, AxesLabel -> {"Volume", "Buriedness", "Hydrophobicity"}]

But when I try to plot both together:

ListPointPlot3D[{data3,data4}]

I get an error saying “must be a valid array or a list of valid arrays”

How do I resolve this? Is there a better way to go about plotting my data points in 3D? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to Mathematica and the Wolfram Language.

Hi William,

I haven’t got your data but the Show command might be helpful:

data1 = RandomReal[1, {100, 3}]; data2 = RandomReal[0.5, {100, 3}];
Show[ListPointPlot3D[data1], ListPointPlot3D[data2, PlotStyle -> Red]]

Cheers,

Marco

@William Hewitt, Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

The rules explain how to format your code properly. If you do not format code, it may become corrupted and useless to other members. Please EDIT your posts and make sure code blocks start on a new paragraph and look framed and colored like this.

int = Integrate[1/(x^3 - 1), x];
Map[Framed, int, Infinity]

Marco,

Thanks! That’s exactly what I needed!

Will