Mathmatica pefromance and CPU usage in equation solving

I have a general question that may have been addressed previously, albeit not directly. I utilize Mathematica to solve a set of non-linear equations and achieve successful results. However, the computation time is considerably long despite the minimal CPU and memory usage. Additionally, the computer I am using is a high-performance PC, yet the execution speed of this code resembles that of my laptop. Am I overlooking something? Why isn’t Mathematica utilizing more resources? For instance, the CPU usage remains around 7% max.

Non-parallelizable code using no vectorized operations on a 16+ core machine would never utilize more than 7% CPU usage. It’s hard to say more without actual code to inspect.

Thank you for your reply. What I am using is the internal function “Solve”, and basically that is the code. I use Solve for a set of non-linear equations. Is “Solve” parallezible?

Oh! I had a similar problem. So the reason is that my non-parallel code is running in only one core, while the other cores are off at the beach lying on the sand and drinking pina colladas.

Oh! I had a similar problem. So the reason is that my non-parallel code is running in only one core, while the other cores are off at the beach lying on the sand and drinking pina colladas.