Hello All,
Question: Need help going about this.
The goal is to replicate Stephen Wolfram’s Personal Analytic’s ABOUT HIS LIFE FOR MY LIFE with a personal dashboard that I would send to a mentor to monitor my daily productivity.
The goal is to track computer logins and use of programs and files that I have downloaded/ changed.
For example,I want to log and visualize a time stamp on a certain day of how long I spent editing a word file or I spent programming in python.
The long term goal is to build something that encompasses everything from my emails, texts ( sms and whatsapp) , phone calls, chrome history(timestamps spent on each) and sleep activity + time spent on computer.
The goal is to replicate Stephen Wolfram’s Personal Analytic’s ABOUT HIS LIFE FOR MY LIFE with a personal dashboard that I would send to a mentor to monitor my daily productivity.
I am going to throw all of my data into here.
Please correct me if I am confused, I am going with the assumption that I can throw all the data into hear and manipulate it in Mathematica.
Here are some things that I found useful so far:
- https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/23753886
- http://journocode.com/2016/01/31/project-visualizing-whatsapp-chat-logs-part-1-cleaning-data/
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.tastykatana.whatsappanalyzer#details-reviews
Gmail Logs
- Official Gmail Blog: Download a copy of your Gmail and Google Calendar data
- https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/gmail,calendar - That is the motherload for gmail data dump
Computer Logs
For computer logs, all I was able to find was:
- http://www.ryanbrink.com/visualizing-productivity-with-elasticsearch-logstash-and-d3/
- http://blog.webkid.io/visualize-datasets-with-elk/
I am trying these as well for a few days
-
Time Doctor - https://www.timedoctor.com/
-
ManicTime -http://www.manictime.com/
Will post an update on how those work
Difficulties
-
It is hard to grab all the whatsapp data I generate because to the best of my knowledge you can only email one conversation at time.
-
Software:
- Phone OS:
- Android 6.0
- Phone OS:
-
Hardware:
- Samsung Galaxy S6
Computer Hardware
- Windows 7 Professional
TL;DR
-
The goal is to replicate Stephen Wolfram’s Personal Analytic’s about his life for my life with a personal dashboard that I would send to a mentor to monitor my daily productivity. * *Seeking advice any easier ways to get data from text messages, google chrome, phone calls, applications on my phone etc… **
-
ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area for this question.