Use RaspiCam with Mathematica?

Hello All,

I’m new to the Raspberry Pi community and am more familiar with MATLAB and Arduino.

I recently switched over to the Raspberry Pi for my current project.

I’m having an issue with the Raspberry Pi camera module v2 and getting it functioning in the Mathematica environment. I have the raspberry pi 3+ and have gotten all the new updates and upgrades.

I am able to get the camera functioning using python script, so I know the camera is otherwise working.

Every time I try to the following commands, I get errors.

camera = DeviceOpen["RaspiCam"]
image = DeviceRead[camera]
Error: Failed to enable Raspicam preview (not verbatim)

If I try

Image = Import["!raspistill -n -t 1 -o  -", "JPG"]
Error: failed to import data as JPG

Any advice? again, the camera functions everywhere else, just not within Mathematica.

Thank you for any help in advance.

DId you figure it out Naveen? I am having the same problem and can’t seem to find a fix.