LOCATION: Rhode Island School of Design
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING:
I'm an astrophysicist and artist currently making research-based conceptual art using Mathematica.
I graduated from Franklin and Marshall College in 2014 with a B.A. in Astrophysics working with Dr. Froney Crawford on extragalactic pulsar surveys. I received my Ph.D. in astrophysics from Cornell University in 2020. At Cornell, I worked with Dr. Lisa Kaltenegger on modeling the climates of potentially habitable exoplanets. I also worked with Dr. Natasha Holmes and Dr. Andrea Stevenson Won on using virtual reality in physics education. In the Fall of 2020, I began my Master of Fine Arts degree at the Rhode Island School of Design. I'm set to graduate in the Spring of 2022.
- Books as pixels: rendering text as organized color
- Deep fields: pixel sorting Hubble images of deep space
- [GiF] Complete definitions: graphing how words and definitions connect
- See Equation... : taking a moment to get comfortable with physics
- The Otherview Effect: Seeing another Earth-like planet for the first time