User Portlet User Portlet

Discussions
I found this lecture by Gorard: https://youtu.be/NupBxcmAwYs?t=4211 At 1:10:10, he states that he counts the number of paths to calculate the amplitude: "And then the natural measure that we define on evolution graphs in terms of the path...
I would like to add to this thread mentioning that Gorard does similar imbedding in his paper on [quantum mechanics][1], where the definition of branch-like or entanglement-like separation depends on the particular way one imbeds the multiway system...
Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. I think I like the idea of a light cone that emerges fully only when taking the limit of a big causal graph embedded in a manifold. Pavlo, interesting idea. I hadn't thought about that. However it may have...
Just to summarize, I answered your question: > it is imperative to make sure that Wolfram model reproduces quantum > mechanics to a satisfactory degree with the reference of the Wolfram Model reproducing ZX calculus (a part of quantum...
[@David Petry][at0]: I think that your project in theoretical music and its connection with the Wolfram Physics Project is interesting enough to be part of its own thread. I recommend you to write a [computational essay][1] explaining your ideas from...
By the way, [Tommaso Bolognesi][1] has several interesting papers about causality in a framework rather similar to the Wolfram Model. For example: [Algorithmic Causal Sets for a Computational Spacetime][2] [1]:...
You are right, even when the foliation does exist, achronicity demands it must be unique, so there is no freedom at all. The proof is as follows: Consider a causal graph and suppose that a foliation with the given properties can be constructed. We...
The U(1) gauge field should be obtained from permutations in the following way (quotation from [here][1]): > [...] for each vertex in a spatial hypergraph, there are many possible > orientations in which a hypergraph replacement rule could be...
I must side with Pavlo. Saying that Minkowski and Einstein and others did a mistake really sounds crackpottish. It sounds like we should throw away general relativity and quantum mechanics because they were mistakes. Of course it is not the case,...
Ok, yes, very good. If we have at least two rules, then the reverse rules do not have to be causally invariant. I also came up with a single rule example: Consider the rule AB->AA. It is causally invariant for all starting states (can prove). If we...