User Portlet User Portlet

Gilmer Allen Gary
Gilmer Allen Gary
CSPAR: University of Alabama in Huntsville
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

I have published over 120 papers on the solar magnetic field's configuration, evolution, and morphology together with estimation of the energy content of active regions. My theoretical work involves developing models of linear and nonlinear force-free magnetic fields and electric currents in the solar chromosphere-corona. I have extensive experience in developing new technology and techniques for space-based, sub-orbital, and ground-based magnetographs which are the core instruments for studying the processes that give rise to solar activity in the solar atmosphere. I was a member of the Solar Physics Group at the Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC)/NASA, of the National Solar Observatory's (NSO) Advance Technology Solar Telescope (DKIST) Science Working Group, National Solar Observatory from 2001 to 2010. I recently mentored a Ph. D. graduate student in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department/UAH working on specific convolutional neural network problems in the area of solar physics. I am currently working with 3D printing for creating education outreach models in the area of solar physics.