Posted 2 years ago
|
7 Replies
|
12 Total Likes
|
Attachments:
7 Replies

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now Staff Pick! Thank you for your wonderful contributions. Please, keep them coming!

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing! Is there also a video on this?

Posted 2 years ago

Excellent post.

I see you are using TargetDevice->"GPU". I am shopping for a new desktop and thinking about getting one with a GPU. Can you discuss the run-time improvement associated with this problem and the GPU, and give as much detail about your hardware and operating system environment as you care to share.

Alan,

I use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 card:

enter image description here

Speedups differ a lot for different training scenarios. For this example I am seeing about 2x speedup. The LeNet example in the NetTrain reference documentation shows a 10x speed-up, and the CIFAR-10 example is about 60x for me.

Posted 2 years ago

Arnoud,

Thank you! I actually didn't realize I could use my existing NVIDIA video card for this. But now (after a driver update) I see I can.

Good to hear! Keeping drivers up to date is always a good thing, especially with graphics drivers.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what nVidia card do you have?

Posted 2 years ago

It's quite old, as is my desktop system: a GeForce GTX 650 Ti. I am currently shopping for a new desktop system. If I actually go for a full-blown GPU co-processor card (in addition to one for the video display), any recommendations?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract