Message Boards Message Boards

Page breaks with writing assistant

I have a problem that I hope someone has a solution for. I'm using Writing Assistant to write a book in Mathematica. After selecting the page break button on Writing Assistant, I find that Mathematica inserts two page breaks at the start and end of the (hidden) cell. So when I print the document, it throws a whole blank page.

How do I ensure that only one page break is inserted?

POSTED BY: Jonathan Kinlay
3 Replies

Hi Jonathan, You are right, the page break is inserted twice since both PageBreakAbove->True and PageBreakBelow -> True are set for the PageBreak cell (WRI guys, to you attention, you need to remove one of them). One immediate solution you may use, is to insert a page break after the cell you want to, as an option to that cell. Let the cursor be in that cell, than Menu Format->Option Inspector (CTRL+SHIFT+O or CMD+SHIFT+O for short) Set the PageBreakBelow to True, and you are done yehuda

Yehuda,

Thank you - that fix works well.

POSTED BY: Jonathan Kinlay
Posted 7 years ago

I have always found myself manually deleting the extra pages after finishing up with my document, which didn't always work since i missed some blank pages but it's great to finally find an easy solution. Thanks.

help | push | guidomaggi | https://www.guidomaggi.com/us/men/boots/ | found | myself | manually extra pages after | finishing | up | my

POSTED BY: aimeus dietger
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract