13 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Download manager won't start downloading and displays errors

Posted 6 years ago

Hello everyone!

Could anyone please help me with this situation? I am trying to download the latest version of Mathematica, but I am having this problem with download manager utility and I can't find any solution. The download process nevers starts and I only see those error messages...

enter image description here

I would really appreciate some explanation for fixing this, thanks a lot :) (2 hours after creating this thread Update) - Timeout in I/O has just been replaced by Socket error :(

POSTED BY: Samuel ?ech
13 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Which download manager do you use? Have you tried downloading by your browser's native download manager? Which browser do you use?

POSTED BY: Alexey Popkov
Posted 6 years ago

I am using the official download manager from Wolfram website, my browser is Google Chrome.

Posted 6 years ago

can you share me the link to the download page for the download manager? thanks

POSTED BY: Isabella Arce
Posted 6 years ago

Yes, of course. But I am afraid it won't tell you anything :/ I am just trying to download it from the official Wolfram user portal, you need to be signed in with your personal ID to see it. https://user.wolfram.com/portal/login.html;jsessionid=7296A7FEB9AEFFC6B2D4E294A1A15BFA

Posted 6 years ago

oh right, I can see "My products" but there is not a download manager, here there are links for direct download.

POSTED BY: Isabella Arce
Posted 6 years ago

When i sign in to the website, I see My products and services and on the right there is a column saying Get downloads (it is coloured in red). After clicking it directs me to a page with links for getting the program, but I can only do it by downloading it via the manager ( Windows version). As I have noticed, when i try to download the Linux version, it starts downloading the direct full version without the manager.

Posted 6 years ago

I am having the same issue. Has this been resolved?

POSTED BY: Jamie Moon

Likewise. It could be a proxy problem on my end, but it appears to authenticate to the proxy OK. Is there any way to get diagnostic information to tell?

Mathematica Download Manager Failed to contact the alias service

POSTED BY: Alan Fox
Posted 5 years ago

I am having the same issue.

POSTED BY: Yixiao Huang

I am having this same issue, the only difference is that mine is definitely a proxy error as it is stuck on the web authentication window in the download manager. My username and password are definitely correct, but it won't seem to accept them. Any solution to this?

POSTED BY: Xanthe Roux
Posted 5 years ago

We have the same issue with version CDF Player Version 12. We use a proxy-server here at the instiute. Is possible to get a normal exe-file for install CDF Player?

Thanks

POSTED BY: Rebecca Haas

On my own User Portal (user.wolfram.com), on the "My Products and Services" page, Mathematica item, Downloads section, I see both "Mathematica Download Manager" and "Mathematica Direct Download (optional)".

If you see that, too, then use the latter link.

If not and the trouble with Mathematica Download Manager persists, contact WRI tech support and ask for a direct download link.

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Posted 5 years ago

I got the offline installer from wolfram! thank you!

POSTED BY: Rebecca Haas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract