Message Boards Message Boards

How to animate ListPointPlot3D objects

Posted 11 years ago
I try to animate ListPointPlot3D objects as Aminate[list[],{n,1,20,1}] where list is created as sequential Append of such objects. I receive only one element of the list - why it does'n work? For the more simple objects there is no problems with construction like list=Append[list,newMember]. Do anybody have the example of amination of such a sort, I did not find such examples?
POSTED BY: yuri ozhigov
2 Replies
This works for me:
f[a_] := ListPointPlot3D[Table[Sin[a + j^2 + i], {i, 0, 3, 0.1}, {j, 0, 3, 0.1}]]

list = {};
Do[list = Append[list, f[i]], {i, 0, 5, .1}]

ListAnimate[list]
Perhaps you can share a simplified version of your code, so I can take a look at what might be wrong about it?

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Posted 11 years ago
Thank you for the fast reply, my problem was in my own code - now it works. However, one question remains: in standard examples like your each member of the list is prepared independently. If the next member list[[k+1]] =ListPoitPlot3D[...F[k+1}...] and F we compute by the inductive definition: F[k+1] from F the standard way makes a lot of extra work because it repeats the previous work. For sin there is no problem but if F is complex - is there some way to find =ListPoitPlot3D[...F[i+1}...]  from F directly? Of course, I always can store the list of F values and reduce the time, but imagine that F occupy the great memory and list is long. I can store one value list but not the whole list. My question is how to avoid the remembering the whole list in the animation - is there some modification of Animate[list...] which requires only sequential using of the list?
POSTED BY: yuri ozhigov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract