Message Boards Message Boards

Open my nb file in Mathematica Cloud?

Posted 6 years ago

Hey everyone!

I am in a bit of a panic. I have a student Mathematica online account that I have been using for over a year now. I have a template file from a class I am doing that has opened just fine this whole time until last night. I have searched for an answer (to no avail), have made several copies & used backups of the file...nothing I do seems to work.

When I attempt to open it in the cloud, I see a blue line traversing the top of the screen like it is working on opening it although it never does no matter how long I wait. It also only shows limited option such as "Open this file in Mathematica", File, and Help at the top of the screen. It never lets me get to evaluation options or anything.

Any ideas? Anyone else know what is happening?

POSTED BY: Kasi Clark
6 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Ok so I have had someone test the same file with their desktop version & that is working just fine so It is not the file. It appears to be something in the online version. Please someone help a girl out here! I want to be done with this project.

Posted 6 years ago

haha yeah that may not fix my problem but it did give me a good chuckle

Posted 6 years ago

I'd recommend contacting Technical Support about the issue, they should be able to investigate the particular notebook and help identify what could have gone wrong without you needing to share all your information on a public forum:

https://www.wolfram.com/support/contact/email/?topic=Technical

In your request, please include your email you use to access the cloud, the exact name of the object that won't open, and the objects UUID (available in the notebook's "Details" section from the file explorer interface).

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Posted 6 years ago

I would love to, but I do not have that option as I do not have the plan that includes technical support. My plan only includes being able to ask the community for technical support issues, otherwise I would have gone straight to them.

Posted 6 years ago

Kasi,

We'd be happy to glance at what could be going wrong. Go ahead and fill out the form I linked to previously, and I can make sure this is something that is looked at.

Thanks

Kyle

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Posted 6 years ago

Thank you Kyle! I appreciate it more than you know. My project is due shortly. I sent the details you requested.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract